IANS 2018 Boston Information Security Forum delivers an immersive curriculum with over 30+ sessions led by esteemed IANS Faculty, global information security thought leaders and solution providers.
Attend the two-day Forum to gain actionable technical solutions and leadership insights focused on current and emerging challenges facing enterprise security leaders.
Network with peers to benchmark your information security practices and engage with IANS Faculty during interactive sessionsaddressing the following topics:
Purple Team Exercises
- Define, set goals and identify the value of Purple Team exercises.
- Determine actionable steps to take to mobilize Purple Team efforts.
- Use Red Team findings to upskill and better position the Blue Team.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Sift through what’s hype and what’s real.
- Detail case studies showing how AI/ML is working in the enterprise today.
- Identify which skills the team needs to use AI/ML to its advantage
- Establish effective reference architectures in cloud infrastructure and use existing federated identities in these environments.
- Define and understand the phases of maturation for cloud migration.
- Determine which data types to push to the cloud and how to protect this data.
- Create efficiencies to move beyond just patching the Critical and High-risk vulnerabilities.
- Assess how often compensating controls need to be reviewed when systems are not patched due to concerns over impeding functionality.
Privileged Access Management
- Link privileged access management to change management
- Understand what is happening with the use of these credentials
- Identify the appropriate tools to use for privileged access management
- Handle insider threats related to privilege abuse/misuse
Stay tuned for program updates!
Who Should Attend
IANS Forum content is designed for senior-level information security executives across all industries. Attendees include CISOs, CIOs, VPs and Managing Directors of Information Security, Senior Information Security Architects, and Senior Information Security Engineers.
**CPE credits will be awarded for attending the event.
You have a smart, multi-cloud data management approach. Don’t you?
What happens when artificial intelligence (AI), true multi-cloud, and advanced data management come together? Find out.
At this event, you’ll gain insight into:
- How enhancing automation and orchestration with AI can drive real-time self-optimization of your data backup, recovery and DR operations
- Why a 4-D view of your data will enable you to maximize Azure Cloud, Azure Stack, O365, and more
- How comprehensive and heterogeneous data management is your best defense against Ransomware attacks and compliance issues (including GDPR)
- How to accelerate workload migrations to Azure (and now Azure Stack) to create the agility you need
You will also experience hands-on demonstrations of this technology in action—enabling you to evaluate the real impact it can have on your digital transformation.
Plus, you will install and configure (yes, it’s that easy!) your free 60 day trial of Commvault software from the Azure Marketplace.
You’ll learn from the best: Top field proven experts with both Microsoft and Commvault facilitate the session, sharing their experience in helping customers harness technology to drive business results.
Register today to reserve your spot—don’t delay, as these events fill up quickly!
*Continental breakfast will be provided
For more than a decade The Virtualization Technology User Group has been bringing quality speakers and education to you at Gillette Stadium for the Annual Winter Warmer!
This year, our 13th, is no different…Over the next few months more information will be forthcoming; but for now, here is the tentative agenda for January 24th, 2019 at Gillette Stadium:
Our goal is getting you the the latest in IT and being unbiased about it. There is so much information out there that it helps to be able to rely on one source. Our blog shares the latest trends and news while our events bring the industry leaders right to you. Featuring keynote speakers and hands on training, it is one of the best ways to gain invaluable knowledge in a condensed amount of time. And if you can’t attend an event you can catch up with our media page, keeping you ahead of the game!
This week we lost a dear friend to the IT community, John Ross. Metrowest Symphony Orchestra will be performing a tribute to John on Sunday. Please join us in celebrating John’s life and the impact he had on us all!
Anyone wishing to share in John’s celebration of life may do so by coming to his memorial Symphony Concert.
Metrowest Symphony Orchestra presents a Celtic program dedicated to John Ross at Natick High School Auditorium
This Sunday at 2:00 PM
Natick High School Auditorium
15 West Street, Natick MA
Intel Xeon D SoC and VMware
Paul Braren will demonstrate just how capable the Intel Xeon D SoC (System on a Chip) really is, and he’ll have one with him! A commitment to power, efficiency, and capability is evident in this design that features up to 128GB of RAM, 2x1GbE and 2x10GbE networking, 6 SATA3 drive bays, and 2 of the world’s fastest consumer M.2/PCIe NVMe SSD drives. Use cases include roll-your-own OpenVPN, Linux (Red Hat RHEL 8, SUSE SLES 15, Ubuntu, etc.), Hyperconverged Nutanix Community Edition (Acropolis), FreeNAS, Citrix XenServer, Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019/Hyper-V, and of course, VMware ESXi 6.0 to 6.7U2. Most of his web content includes 4K videos produced on his TinkerTry-exclusive SuperServer Workstation, featuring a vSphere 6.7U2 based datacenter, running many VMs including a Windows 10 VM with 3 GPU outputs that can run up to 4K resolution.
He plans to bring his latest prototype vSphere node along, an exclusive first look for IT Pro User Group attendees only, perhaps the very first in the US! It’s a surprisingly novel approach to compact but powerful and efficient computing, and candid feedback is always valued.
Paul Braren resides in Wethersfield Connecticut, and was at IBM for 22 years working with x86 Servers and XIV Storage before joining VMware as a vSAN System Engineer in 2017, becoming a Senior Solutions Engineer in 2018. He’s been an active member of many virtualization communities across the US, presenting most frequently in the northeast, and his voluntary efforts have earned him VMware vExpert, Veeam Vanguard, and Top 25 vBlog blog status. He can be found most evenings and weekends tinkering in his home lab, cooking up fresh content as the Founder of TinkerTry IT @ home, “Efficient virtualization, storage, backup, and more.” Producing over a thousand technical articles and hundreds of popular videos these past 8 years, his latest cost-cutting and green initiative has been seeking out the best IoT/Edge Computing server than can be run in one’s home, effectively, and quietly. Always looking to reduce his carbon footprint, he’s driven over 10,000 miles these past 6 months on electronsinstead of gasoline, while spreading the word about the value of Hyperconverged hardware/software solutions.
6:15pm Dinner provided
6:30 – 7:00 Introduction
7:00 – 7:45 Keynote Presentation
7:45 – 8:00 Break
8:00 – 8:30 Sponsor Presentation
8:30pm Prize Giveaways
MassMobile – Mobile Developers’ Meetup
Saturday, June 15 at 10:00 AM
Join us Saturday June 15th (10am-4pm) for Build AR for Mobile workshop and learn how to make your own Augmented Reality app onto your mobile device us…
FREE SharePoint Summit 2019 – Boston
The road to Office 365/SharePoint Adoption is often a bumpy one.
With a constantly increasing set of apps and features, Office 365 offers the most comprehensive platform for the Digital Workplace. But how can you best take advantage of all these new capabilities?
During this one day free event, Office 365/SharePoint experts will provide strategies and practical tips to drive SharePoint and Office 365 adoption.
- Informative Sessions – Learn from experts about new Microsoft Office 365/SharePoint capabilities, and hear about industry solutions for Office 365 search, migration, governance, workflow, change management, content management, and records management.
- The ‘Customer Speaks’ – Industry experts answer your questions about Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Partner Pavilion – See in-depth demonstrations of partner products and services
Register today to save your seat >>>
Get Directions | Agenda coming soon