THE LARGEST COMMERCIAL DRONE EVENT IN NORTH AMERICA
Take part in the largest commercial drone event of the year with more than 120 sessions, panels and keynotes, 150+ commercial vendors, and one-of-a-kind immersive drone experiences over the course of three action-packed days at the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
Meet face-to-face with the companies leading the commercial drone revolution in the InterDrone exhibit hall. You’ll interact with more than 150 exhibitors showcasing the latest hardware, groundbreaking software, and innovative services shaping the future of the industry in an unrivaled expo experience.
Learn about the serious life-saving work drone pilot programs are doing nationwide with expert insights from Police, Firemen, and first responders utilizing them for search and rescue, risk assessment, and accident mapping with our Public Safety sessions and resources.
6:30 – 7:00 Introduction, Members Helping Members
7:00 – 8:30 Keynote Presentation
8:30pm Prize Giveaways
Come along on a fantastic voyage and learn Hip Hip and how it relates to information security! When I was growing up there were two things that intrigued me, computers and rap music. Using examples from my favorite genre or music, we’ll explore some interesting facets of rap music, and discuss the lessons and parallels to security today. There will be no half steppin’. It will be dope as it allows us to dig into topics such as:
- Is security a fad? How do we differentiate a fad from something here to stay?
- Encouraging youth to become security engineers, a call-to-action for the community
- Deviating from established norms and setting trends, few truly change the industry, and who will change the security industry in the near future?
- Remembering those who have passed on and learning from their work
- How true experts practice their craft (and how to best utilize their skills and share the knowledge)
- Few things are truly original (and it’s okay, in most cases)
- Not all legends reach the same pinnacle of success. What separates the best from the rest?
- How experts make career pivots, and actually pull it off
- New isn’t always better
- We all have beefs (and better ways to resolve them. And no, we’re not going to dig into social media beefs)
Paul Asadoorian is the founder and CEO of Security Weekly, a security podcast network providing free security information to the community and security market validation to a wide array of security companies. Paul is the primary host to several shows, including Paul’s Security Weekly, Enterprise Security Weekly, providing the security community with valuable knowledge. Paul is also a founding member of Active Countermeasures, a startup dedicated to providing reliable sources of actionable intelligence. Previously Paul has held positions at Tenable Network Security, penetration testing firms, university and other industries. Paul is an IANS faculty member and has presented at various security conferences including RSA, Derbycon, Brucon, SOURCE Conference and more.
To help us get a head count for dinner, please
Register Online at Eventbrite
IANS 2018 Boston Information Security Forum delivers an immersive curriculum with over 30+ sessions led by esteemed IANS Faculty, global information security thought leaders and solution providers.
Attend the two-day Forum to gain actionable technical solutions and leadership insights focused on current and emerging challenges facing enterprise security leaders.
Network with peers to benchmark your information security practices and engage with IANS Faculty during interactive sessionsaddressing the following topics:
Purple Team Exercises
- Define, set goals and identify the value of Purple Team exercises.
- Determine actionable steps to take to mobilize Purple Team efforts.
- Use Red Team findings to upskill and better position the Blue Team.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Sift through what’s hype and what’s real.
- Detail case studies showing how AI/ML is working in the enterprise today.
- Identify which skills the team needs to use AI/ML to its advantage
- Establish effective reference architectures in cloud infrastructure and use existing federated identities in these environments.
- Define and understand the phases of maturation for cloud migration.
- Determine which data types to push to the cloud and how to protect this data.
- Create efficiencies to move beyond just patching the Critical and High-risk vulnerabilities.
- Assess how often compensating controls need to be reviewed when systems are not patched due to concerns over impeding functionality.
Privileged Access Management
- Link privileged access management to change management
- Understand what is happening with the use of these credentials
- Identify the appropriate tools to use for privileged access management
- Handle insider threats related to privilege abuse/misuse
Stay tuned for program updates!
Who Should Attend
IANS Forum content is designed for senior-level information security executives across all industries. Attendees include CISOs, CIOs, VPs and Managing Directors of Information Security, Senior Information Security Architects, and Senior Information Security Engineers.
**CPE credits will be awarded for attending the event.
You have a smart, multi-cloud data management approach. Don’t you?
What happens when artificial intelligence (AI), true multi-cloud, and advanced data management come together? Find out.
At this event, you’ll gain insight into:
- How enhancing automation and orchestration with AI can drive real-time self-optimization of your data backup, recovery and DR operations
- Why a 4-D view of your data will enable you to maximize Azure Cloud, Azure Stack, O365, and more
- How comprehensive and heterogeneous data management is your best defense against Ransomware attacks and compliance issues (including GDPR)
- How to accelerate workload migrations to Azure (and now Azure Stack) to create the agility you need
You will also experience hands-on demonstrations of this technology in action—enabling you to evaluate the real impact it can have on your digital transformation.
Plus, you will install and configure (yes, it’s that easy!) your free 60 day trial of Commvault software from the Azure Marketplace.
You’ll learn from the best: Top field proven experts with both Microsoft and Commvault facilitate the session, sharing their experience in helping customers harness technology to drive business results.
Register today to reserve your spot—don’t delay, as these events fill up quickly!
*Continental breakfast will be provided
For more than a decade The Virtualization Technology User Group has been bringing quality speakers and education to you at Gillette Stadium for the Annual Winter Warmer!
This year, our 13th, is no different…Over the next few months more information will be forthcoming; but for now, here is the tentative agenda for January 24th, 2019 at Gillette Stadium:
Our goal is getting you the the latest in IT and being unbiased about it. There is so much information out there that it helps to be able to rely on one source. Our blog shares the latest trends and news while our events bring the industry leaders right to you. Featuring keynote speakers and hands on training, it is one of the best ways to gain invaluable knowledge in a condensed amount of time. And if you can’t attend an event you can catch up with our media page, keeping you ahead of the game!
This week we lost a dear friend to the IT community, John Ross. Metrowest Symphony Orchestra will be performing a tribute to John on Sunday. Please join us in celebrating John’s life and the impact he had on us all!
Anyone wishing to share in John’s celebration of life may do so by coming to his memorial Symphony Concert.
Metrowest Symphony Orchestra presents a Celtic program dedicated to John Ross at Natick High School Auditorium
This Sunday at 2:00 PM
Natick High School Auditorium
15 West Street, Natick MA
Intel Xeon D SoC and VMware
Paul Braren will demonstrate just how capable the Intel Xeon D SoC (System on a Chip) really is, and he’ll have one with him! A commitment to power, efficiency, and capability is evident in this design that features up to 128GB of RAM, 2x1GbE and 2x10GbE networking, 6 SATA3 drive bays, and 2 of the world’s fastest consumer M.2/PCIe NVMe SSD drives. Use cases include roll-your-own OpenVPN, Linux (Red Hat RHEL 8, SUSE SLES 15, Ubuntu, etc.), Hyperconverged Nutanix Community Edition (Acropolis), FreeNAS, Citrix XenServer, Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019/Hyper-V, and of course, VMware ESXi 6.0 to 6.7U2. Most of his web content includes 4K videos produced on his TinkerTry-exclusive SuperServer Workstation, featuring a vSphere 6.7U2 based datacenter, running many VMs including a Windows 10 VM with 3 GPU outputs that can run up to 4K resolution.
He plans to bring his latest prototype vSphere node along, an exclusive first look for IT Pro User Group attendees only, perhaps the very first in the US! It’s a surprisingly novel approach to compact but powerful and efficient computing, and candid feedback is always valued.
Paul Braren resides in Wethersfield Connecticut, and was at IBM for 22 years working with x86 Servers and XIV Storage before joining VMware as a vSAN System Engineer in 2017, becoming a Senior Solutions Engineer in 2018. He’s been an active member of many virtualization communities across the US, presenting most frequently in the northeast, and his voluntary efforts have earned him VMware vExpert, Veeam Vanguard, and Top 25 vBlog blog status. He can be found most evenings and weekends tinkering in his home lab, cooking up fresh content as the Founder of TinkerTry IT @ home, “Efficient virtualization, storage, backup, and more.” Producing over a thousand technical articles and hundreds of popular videos these past 8 years, his latest cost-cutting and green initiative has been seeking out the best IoT/Edge Computing server than can be run in one’s home, effectively, and quietly. Always looking to reduce his carbon footprint, he’s driven over 10,000 miles these past 6 months on electronsinstead of gasoline, while spreading the word about the value of Hyperconverged hardware/software solutions.
6:15pm Dinner provided
6:30 – 7:00 Introduction
7:00 – 7:45 Keynote Presentation
7:45 – 8:00 Break
8:00 – 8:30 Sponsor Presentation
8:30pm Prize Giveaways
MassMobile – Mobile Developers’ Meetup
Wednesday, September 4 at 6:30 PM
General Assembly presents… The What & Why of API’s From Twitter to Facebook to smartphones and cash machines, Application Programming Interfaces (AP…
Last year over 6,500 people joined us for the Microsoft Flow Online Conference.
Now, we are coming back and want YOU to join us for the 2019 Microsoft Flow Conference!
Come and join some of the best teachers, trainers and Microsoft Flow MVP’s from around the world as they bring 9 hours of back-to-back Microsoft Flow training and tutorial sessions live and on-demand to you!
The day will consist of 18 unique 30 minute sessions ranging from beginner at the start of the day all the way to advanced content toward the end of the day. This ensures that no matter what the viewers skill set is, they will be able to get valuable insights and new skills to help take their Flow game to the next level.
Join us and take your Microsoft Flow skills to the next level!